Friday, September 21, 2007

the Jane Austen Book Club Premiere




Yesterday Ian and I partook in a Hollywood tradition- we went to our first semi-big-deal premiere for the movie that the company Ian works for, Sony Pictures Classics, is releasing this weekend. We didn't know exactly what to expect. We showed up on time, which meant we had to wait for about 45min. before they started the movie, and we weren't sure if we were going to be overdressed. Not that we were wearing anything special- I was wearing a dress and Ian had on some slacks and a button-up. Turned out to be just right, although some people were there with jeans. The cast showed up decked to the nines for the most part. It was really fun to get an introduction to the movie from the director herself I guess it's the first movie she's directed although she's been adapting novels for the screen for years (Little Women, Memoirs of a Geisha). After the movie it was kind of weird to see all the cast members milling around. I don't know if I liked it so much because everybody that made it was there or because it's really good. I think it's really good, Ian said every time he looked over at me I had a huge smile on my face: 'extended glee' he called it.
yeay.

1 comment:

woozie said...

that's so cool! a real live premiere! i'm jealous :)