Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Smashing Pumpkins

Mmmm...!?

Before


After!


Many of you know that Dad and I love to try new drinks. Last weekend we had pomegranate - apple and pear - grape. And one of Dads favorites is ginger beer. Well today, in my five minute dash into Albertsons I noticed an interesting drink - this is for real - in the BEVERAGE section, near the orange juice. It looked like a sparkly twist on ginger ale - it was Pumpkin Ale! and in a little six pack container just like ginger beer! Since Uncle John is also a beverage afficionado and he's coming to visit this weekend, I thought, "Dad and John will love this!" I threw it into the cart.
When I put dinner on the table for Rach and I, there was the Pumpkin Ale, sitting by the door. I thought - we'll test taste it for them! I put it on the table, opened a bottle for Rach and as I was putting the bottle to my mouth, I thought, "I'm in for a taste treat!!!"
That isn't exactly what happened. As soon as I swallowed the ale I realized, "OK time to change the meds!!" :) It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be! It tasted, well - let's just say it did NOT taste like pumpkin ginger ale! Rachel didn't want to stop laughing and me , well I guess if I don't laugh I can cry!! $7.99 down the drain - Literally!
Guess us Canaricans (at least teetotaller ones) can be reminded that US grocery stores sell Ale with a capital A!
Life Lesson? Read the Labels?!

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Don't always be in a hurry....Incidentally, Granda's favorite drink is ginger beer.
Pumpkin ale? We'll have to look for it - is beer & ale not the same ?-Perhaps we should check out the labels more closely!
Cheers!
Mom

LiNds said...

hahah!! that's so funny! yikes. gingerbeer, gingerale... i'll have to check the labels when i visit, too. ;)