Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Culminating Project #2




The weekend after Lauren's and my little recital, I managed to finish up my own culminating project by... inviting 30 people over for dinner!  My culminating project, as some of you may know, was to learn how to cook food from the countries of our heritage, namely, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, and Scotland.  (I didn't end up cooking much for Scotland, following Jord and Char's advice, but I did make some delicious sticky toffee pudding.)  Anyways, I spent a few days cooking all the dishes- it was a TON of work!  But in the end, it was all worth it.  Everyone had a great time, and the food was all delicious too.  Of course, I couldn't have done it without Mom and Dad and some friends, so I am eternally grateful to them.  But it was a lot of fun and I wish you guys all could've been here too!  

3 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Good to see your pix -re culminating school project. Aren't you glad you have so many talents to share & that you have developed them over the years. Congratulations. Now, remember, we want you to present your power point presentation that you did for your school at our FAMILY REUNION first weekend in July. I may even bring the borsch & poppyseed cake. How's that for motivation??

2x2momma said...

Wow Rach, the food looks amazing! You really did a fantastic job, and I love the photos from your recital too ;)

Katey said...

Awesome job Rach. Looks like quite the impressive feast.Tell Gran to bring cabbage rolls and perogies instead. Love ya.