Monday, July 13, 2009

Elder Schneider











=I was determined when I saw Elder Schneider for the first time in two years that I absolutely would NOT cry. That's not one of David's favorite things. So when we went to the mission home in Santiago, the family was actually trying to help me out. They wouldn't let me read the letter that President May wrote to us and they kept cracking jokes to make me laugh. So I'm happy to say that when I saw Elder again that I did NOT cry! I guess I couldn't because I was too happy. (That's the first photo.)
We all had the best time touring Santiago and the surrounding area, especially the beach towns of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. But the best part of all was meeting the Chilean people Rico
had taught. We actually made 11 visits in just four days. Everyone was so kind and welcoming. Those who had been baptized thanked us for David. They appreciated the things they had learned about our Savior and his teachings.
It was winter in Chile and a lot of the houses we were in didn't have much heating, but we never felt cold during any of those visits.


1 comment:

Eileen Young said...

what a blessed experience - to meet Elder after TWO years. Everybody looks so happy. What a lucky man is Elder to have such support from his family.
I remember when we met Elder Young in Hamburg - that was an awesome experience. He looked so thin - guess that is the way elders should look after working with their whole 'soul' to find the elect.
David - now your mission should set you for life - give it your best - you will be blesses.
Love
Grannie