Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Today is a celebration of Melissa!  She is a dedicated mother, daughter, sister and wife. She has so many talents and is constantly working to expand herself and improve.  You are a blessing to our family.  Have a great day and a better year!


From Dad


Happy Birthday, Melissa!!
This song reminds me of you.  It mentions the winters of your childhood with the endless summers of your 
California home.  It mentions the church which is a big part of your life, and the dreams and aspirations which have also been important for you. I hope they all come true.  And you're a way better dancer than Mama Cass!
HAPPY FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!!!


From Mom

Happy Birthday Melissa!
The whole soundtrack from the latest (and as you say) best Pride and Prejudice is what I chose for you.  
The movie is the story of Lizzie -  smart, fiercely determined, independent, yet loyal, loving of family, and loving of one special man.  
There's always a beautiful soundtrack playing in your life... 
Have the best year ever!
Love Mom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgnEvQX3eM (for some reason I can't embed the video on this one)

From Charla

This song is about a woman who is standing beneath some trees in a garden and has a moment there where she feels peace and gratitude and a connection to the divine.  There have been so many times I have seen you strive for these kinds of moments in your life.  I think it's admirable that you reach out for the powers of heaven to help you and that your heart takes direction and comfort from God.  You're a good soul Melissa.   I hope you have a full of wonder kind of birthday


From Lindsay

This is kind of an inside joke with Meliss that started Christmas 2001, I think.  I just remember Mom got a free cd at the mall and we kept busting a move to this particular track.  I love all the silly times with Meliss, dancing and just having fun.  Thanks for being that type of sister!  Love you!  I hope you have the most awesomest birthday!!

From Spencer

In order to do all that you do (take care of the kids, work, garden, etc) you'd have to be a superman (or superwoman) so I'm going with the main theme for Superman


From John

Thanks for being such a great sister.  I admire your ability to reach out to family and serve and support others.  Growing up I felt blessed to have such a great oldest sister and I still do.  I hope you get to celebrate in style.

I chose it's a hard knock life from Annie.  Growing up I always remember you and Mom working on your performances for music and theatre and for some reason this song always stuck with me.  You and Goo both were so exciting to watch in your performances.  I think being a creative artist like you are also has challenges that come with it especially when raising 4 wee ones.  There are lots of versions of this song, I briefly entertained posting the Jay Z version but somehow the original just seemed so fitting.  Happy Birthday Melissa!!





From David

I choose this song by Sarah McLachlan because I remember Melissa was (and still is?) a very big fan of her's. I simply chose this particular song because it is the only song of her's to hit #1 on the Canadian charts. Happy Birthday


From Rachel

Happy birthday Melissa!  I chose this song because I thought you might like it, and because it is a great song about relaxation and just breathing despite all the crazy things that happen in life. I have always admired how you manage to accomplish so many things.  You are inspiring!  Love you lots and I am so excited to see you and the rest of the family soon!



From Ian

I love you Melissa!  Have a great birthday. You are such a great inspiration to me and have really pulled me along the road of life in so many ways.  Thought this was a nice reminder of our bike trip through Provence (another example of you pushing us to do something that ended up being a great experience).



Or this one if you want something a little more rock n' roll





3 comments:

2x2momma said...

Thanks everyone! Your song choices were so perfect! I laughed and cried and loved them all. Thanks again! xoxo

|åƱȩȠȡȅɍ ȶῢⱠⱡⱣž said...

I don't know you, but I was smiling while listening to those songs as well!

Unknown said...

great videos..