Monday, January 8, 2007

Old friends

Jordan and I got to meet up with a friend of the Schneider family today - Dr Reese. She was happy to see Jordan again and to meet Oliver for the first time. She was so happy to see him she gave him a little present - a 10 day antibiotics prescription. Oliver is ok but he is a little sick. We stayed with Granny and Grandpa last night - so nice of them to let us stay especially since we are all sick (she offered a high five in lieu of a hug when we said good-bye).
I'm off to Saskatchewan tomorrow for my grandmother's funeral. "If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?". My question this evening is this: If a woman dies, and no one loved her did she exist? Well, if the answer to that question is no, that there is no existence without love, I can say that my grandmother did exist. All of her children and so many of her grandchildren are making their way to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan to stand as witnesses of this woman's existence and of their love for her. I'm looking forward to being with the family.

No comments: