Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthday Fun & Last Hurrah



This past week I went out to dinner with my ward fam girls! It was so much fun! All eight of us piled into Katie's car and headed down to the Venice pier. As we stepped into the restaurant we could see the beach and ocean floating a block or two away from us. Everybody looked amazing, and, crazily enough, we all wound up wearing black and white. Wait, all of us except Katie- she was wearing a gorgeous coral colour. I feel like I stick out so much already with my massive tummy that I was glad for at least a little something to help me blend in better. The evening was over all too quickly, I was laughing so much at all the crazy stories we were dishing around I almost forgot to get a picture to document the event. Besides a birthday celeb, the night was also a bit of a last hurrah for me. My doctor's been warning me for awhile that she would be putting me on 'modified bedrest' sometime soon, and earlier in the day when I went in for my weekly she did just that. We had so much fun I knew it wouldn't be too hard to stretch it out for the next few weeks as I bunker down on the couch.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Hey Meliss - your friends look like so much fun. What a great way to celebrate!