Thursday, April 23, 2009

BIRTHDAY OJ


You know how we have a birthday tradition to tell the story of "The Day You Were Born?" Well, today I phoned Grandma to get the story of Oliver J Schneider's Actual Birthday. This is what Grandma had to say...
"He was born in the night in Raymond Hospital. It’s been torn down with another building now on its site. I went to the hospital twice with false labor. It wasn’t the best spring that year. There was a lot of cold weather and snowy days. It was so snowy in April that one of the times I went in with false labor was with a horse and sleigh! It wasn’t far to Raymond – only four miles. Anyway, the second labor was always easier than the first so he was born quite well. He was born about 4 AM. He weighted 9 pounds 1 ounce. I was in the hospital for about 5 days after he was born. He was always good. He just ate and slept. Didn’t cry much. My mother had come from the coast to take care of Nancy. "

OJ, Oliver, Ollie - Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and father and grandpa. You are loved not only by your family but basically everyone I've met who knows you. Thank you for all you do for us and especially for your love.
Dad celebrated his 23rd birthday just a few days before we were married. I remember thinking on that birthday, "What will it be like to keep celebrating OJ's birthday with him for the next few decades?" I can only say it's been the best. Happy 56th Birthday! I love you - C

No comments: