Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Napoletana


Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I express anything less than enthusiasm about going to the Cannes Film Festival.  Admittedly the south of France is a sexy location and Melissa and talk about tacking a vacation on to the end of it at some point in the coming years.  That said, it really isn't as sexy as it sounds.  I spend most of my days (and nights) in antiquated, hot and smelly theaters watching mostly mediocre to outright terrible movies.  The one major highlight is the food and specifically the pizza.  I'm particularly partial to the Napoletana, a pizza smothered in anchovies and olives.  Its a salty treasure and it goes great with a salade verte on the side.  I've had it at several restaurants here in Cannes and I like Vesuvio's the best.  Its a beachfront restaurant with great italian food and a selection of great desserts.  It also offers a lovely view of the ocean and the Croisette.  It is a quintessential Cannes experience and makes the rest of the job worth it. 



3 comments:

Coleen said...

I always thought the French had the monopoly on pizza so this sounds extra intriguing. And very delicious. So glad that this little treasure makes it easier to swallow the Cannes experience :)

LiNds said...

Traveling for the food is reason enough to travel! That's wonderful you can enjoy delectable delights.

Grampa said...

What's with these people? They have the most famous film festival on the planet. Surely they have the money to upgrade their theaters.