Monday, May 21, 2012

So I'm living in Edmonton for the summer, and it's very interesting to be back after so many years living elsewhere.  I discovered upon my arrival that I had no idea how to get anywhere, since I wasn't old enough to drive before.  Slowly but surely I am learning the areas of the city, (it helps that it is very easy to navigate by the numbers of the streets) and it has been a lot of fun to reconnect with some people and meet new people in the singles wards here.  And of course, being around so many family members is just awesome! 
I also love running along the river trail which is so close to our house.  I can now more fully appreciate how beautiful Edmonton is!

3 comments:

Bonnie White said...

It took me a long time to appreciate Edmonton but here are a few things that I have not found anywhere else that endears it to me: the fringe festival, the Citadel Theatre, Hawryluk Park - I don't think it is still called that, the Institute and YSA (so inclusive), the legislature and surrounding grounds, the u-pick gardens, the long warm summer nights and Indian Summer.

LiNds said...

I used to LOVE running along this path! After being on M.I for the summers, where I'd see water as I ran along, this was a welcome sight to soothe homesickness as I returned to school in the fall and left the family. Fun that the family is back in Edm now. :)

Grampa said...

Summers here make the winters more bearable.