Monday, July 9, 2012

Dinner and a Bike Ride


Edmonton in the summer time is a favorite for me.  I think its partly because it reminds me a lot of my mission in Sweden.  The long summer days and the abundance of natural beauty in the River Valley are really something special.  All of the family isn't bad either ;) In addition to the lovely weekend in Kananaskis Country, an epic raft excursion with Beej, and great visits with Nana and Grandpa (not to mention everyone else) One of the highlights of our visit this year was a double date we took with the Fixsens.  They let us borrow some bikes and we rode from their house downtown to a restaurant near the legislature grounds.  We hit a spot called The Marc and had a lovely dinner.  I pulled a couple of shots of dishes we enjoyed:



To be honest, I overindulged a bit.  That said, Jeff really put us through our paces after dinner with a wide ranging bike expedition through the River Valley.  We passed over a couple of bridges, rode through the University, around Hawrelak Park and Emily Murphy Park and finally back home.  I don't think I burned off all of my caloric intake from dinner, but definitely made a dent.  It was a lot of fun.  Thanks to everyone for a great visit!



2 comments:

Coleen said...

I love Edmonton in the summer too. Even the thunder storms. Except when they happen in the middle of the night!

mrpuente said...

Or the middle of a family picnic!