Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Charla!!!!


Happy birthday Char! You are so awesome.  I'm so glad you're in our family. We love you!  Have a fantastic day!
  
OJ: Canadian prairie girl with a beautiful voice who loves poetry, music and philosophy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHAR!!!

Coleen: Char - One of my favorite Christmas memories ever is Christmas Eve EIGHT years ago (!) when you and your new sisters-in-law went caroling down the streets of London together.  You left a trail of stardust in your wake :)

I wish I had a video of that to share - but this Scottish rendition of a very famous UK Christmas carol will have to do - - 
Thank you for sharing your joy for life and your love of music with everyone you know!  
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Char!
Ian: Happy Birthday Char! I hope its a great day and great year.  I've always admired how you march to your own drummer and really try to live life to the fullest and with joy.  So, I chose Don't Rain On My Parade from Funny Girl.  I hope you like it!
Jordan:
Happy Birthday Char! This choice of song was easy because all I needed to do was remember that moment that the excitement hit you when you first heard that K'naan was coming to Edmonton this summer. So much of your time spent this year has been all about the gift and the and  you help me and the kids to live our lives, by showing us to give is priceless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APw9ES0JpZo&feature=g-hist
Lindsay: I love how you're always living in the moment.  You're so attentive and fun to be with.  You're also one of the most 'full of life' people that I know - you become engaged in what you're doing, whether it's playing in the yard making mud cakes with your kids, or having a spontaneous dance party.  Thanks for being such an amazing and fun sister-in-law!  Love you!  Happy Birthday!!!
All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
Spencer: I'm going to go with "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the Wizard of Oz, it's nice and calming, yet full of hope and wonder!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

John: Charla I was so grateful when you played this song with me for Gala a couple years back.  It was lots of fun and I really appreciated you doing it.  This is one of my favorite versions of this song.  The passion on Yo Yo Ma's face is ridiculous!  PS this is probably also one of the best shorter classical music pieces ever written.
David: I choose this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc simply because I remember Charla getting Oliver to sing along to it when I visited them in Scotland about three and a half years ago when Oliver was almost 3.
Rachel: I love your creative, fun-loving spirit.  And I always enjoy talking with you.  I had a lot of fun spending more time with you over the summer! Have an amazing birthday!
I chose this song because it is happy and reminds me of your carefree-ness and how you are always seeking to make your dreams come true, as well as help others around you do the same! :)


1 comment:

C.J. Schneider said...

Best way to start a birthday. Thanks so much guys, I loved listening to all the songs!