Monday, December 10, 2012

Hello Corolla

 


It's always exciting to buy something new.  Recently Spence and I made a very large purchase.  We had been saving for a while, and wanted to replace the car I'd been driving with a newer and more person and baby safe vehicle.

My previous car- a '99 chevy prism, had served me well the last 6 years here in L.A.  I lucked out with some of it's repairs working out well... I bought it from Meliss and Ian who had had it a long time, and it miraculously just kept running and running.  But it was getting a little scary as it needed some more repairs, and a recent hit and run had left a big old dent in the back left side, pricier to fix than replace the car... so it's time had come.

We kept saving and planning and then some friends at church were telling us they bought a used car from the L.A mission. They said the vehicle had been well maintained and they were happy with it.  So we looked into purchasing a used missionary car and found that the San Fernando Valley Mission was selling a couple '09 Toyota Corollas.  (Sounds new to me!)

After some test driving, Spence and I got our paperwork together and headed up to the mission office out near Santa Clarita!  We made all the arrangements and paid the selling price. It is the best feeling EVER to get in a (new) car that has nice new seats with great back support, air conditioning, new tires, fresh oil and no dents!  So we headed home with a silver '09 Corolla!!    Yay!!  Here's a pic of the short span when we still had both cars.

So... we checked off a big item on our list to get ready to have a baby.  I guess that timing worked well.  It's been a few months since the purchase but it still feels new! 

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Dad especially loves new old cars.
I remember the time at the Brander house I went to the neighborhood mechanic to pick up a car that had some work done on it and the guy looked at the computer screen and said -'which one? There's seven listed here.'
They were all used cars purchased by Dad over the past years. And they all served us - for the most part pretty well!
Hope you enjoy your new car...