Monday, February 25, 2013

Engaged!

I know you have all heard by now, but I am engaged!  It is very exciting to actually be engaged even though we have both been talking about it for a little while now.  Most of our families and our friends here in Utah were expecting it so it's fun to be able to make it official now.  The brief version of the engagement story is that Andrew gave me clues incorporating lyrics from some of our favorite songs.  He made 27 clues (representative of the 27th of July, 2011, when we met for the first time.  It is pretty awesome that we are getting married exactly two years later!) which led to important places for us around the area.  He also involved a couple of my roommates - Amberly dressed up as a gypsy and told our fortune and Allison dressed up as Batman and kidnapped me from work!  Anyway, after many hours of clues, we eventually ended up at Brighton ski resort for some night skiing, then went to Sugarhouse Park in Salt Lake City after that.  At the park, Andrew's brother-in-law had set up some candles, flowers, pictures of me and Andrew, and a sign that said "Marry me, Rachel?" and of course that is where Andrew proposed.  Obviously I said yes!  So that is the short version of how it happened.  We are happy to share the news with everyone and excited to celebrate with everyone! :)

                                           The proposal scene
                                                      Me getting kidnapped by Batman!

Here is my ring.  I'm not much of a diamond person so I chose a sapphire

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Wooozzzz!!!!! We're excited to celebrate too!
So crazy how July 27 ended up being the Big Day.
So of course there had to be 27 clues :)

LiNds said...

Yaaaay!!! We are SO excited for you two!! Congrats again. It was SOOOO fun to see you fresh with the glow of your news!