Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fancy New Places for Kinders



The other day I brought in a deck of flash cards for my students. Now they're the new hit! These aren't 'Addition' or 'Subtraction' cards. I decided to spice things up between the phonics and math lessons, and grabbed my 'Explore Landmarks' set- I just snagged them from the Target Dollar Bin without much forethought... but my students ate them up!

These pictures and the information about the landmarks has added a spark of curiosity about the world that I love to see from these fresh minds. I adore how everything I offer them is so new and exciting because they're lil Kinders! This was a reminder of that. I wont be with this group in the new year, but it was fun teaching them while I did!

The Moai Monoliths off the coast of Chile were their faves.

.... Spence and I saw replicas of these at the Easter Island exhibit in another polynesian land last year- Hawaii!

1 comment:

Coleen said...

I've said this before but I really really wish I could be a student in your class.