Sunday, December 25, 2011

Temple Time


We have had such a fun time here in Utah for Christmas. Yesterday it was delightful to take in the gorgeous Christmas lights that completely covered the trees on temple square! We were there with Spencer's parents and our neice and nephew who are 11 and 9. Our 9 year old nephew is a very active lad and he was climbing around a little and keeping things interesting by walking in a squatting position as 'mini man.' Haha... We had a nice time there sipping the hot chocolate and admiring the various nativity scenes.

My favorite moment was as we looked at the statues of Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus who were on little stands atop the reflective pool in front of the temple. It was touching to see this image there in front of the temple that is such a symbol and reminder of the blessings our church brings, and of what Christ has done for us. There was a nice spirit there.

I was expecting to hear some carollers or singing. Although there was nice recorded music, we didnt hear singing so I started singing myself, but then we heard something that definitely at least ties with carollers: a carolling bag piper! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

That sounds like something I would love to do. I've added "temple square at Christmas time" to my bucket list,Lindsay.