Thursday, September 13, 2012

Barbie Doll

I was perusing the library the other day when I came across the most fabulous book EVER! It was delightful and cute and so fun to look through 'Barbie Loves L.A' in the L.A books section, with some of it's history and sights books. This charming gem of a book depicts Barbie at various sights in L.A. It combines some of my favorite things... toys/dolls, vintage-y photography, and travel. I cant rave enough. Barbie is shown with Ken at the Beach, at The Capital Records Building, and even at the Walt Disney COncert Hall. It's like she know the key places- as Spence and I knew in our courtship and where he sent me on my treasure hunt when we got engaged. Spence and I had been brainstorming restaurants to go to for our 'Blogger's Dinner' Award, and when I saw the pic of Barbie at the 'Apple Pan,' I remembered it's delicious burgers and that's where we ended up redeeming our Blog Dinner. I think Mom might be reading the book even right now. There are little diary entries Barbie puts in, like 'Guess who's Boyfriend is the new Assistant District Attorney?' 'Guess who was called to be a See's Candy Model?' Then she later becomes an astronaut. Sooooooo cute!
She sure has style! 'Barbie Loves L.A.'

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Oh Barbie! I've been your fan since 1962. That's wehn Karyn and I WEREN'T ALLOWED to have a Barbie doll so we walked down to the neighborhood Hardware store and bought ourselves a Skipper doll - Barbie's innocent little sister.
Love Love Loved all the fashion catalogues that came with Skipper and Love Love Love 'Barbie in LA'.