Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tea Party: Provo Version

There were a lot of fun tea parties in Edmonton over the summer.  Beej threw one with some YSA people, and Mom threw one in honor of Ruby with the female family members.  I had such a good time at both that I have been scheming since then to throw a tea party of my own in Provo.  Last Sunday afternoon it happened!  I recruited Andrew and my roommates Emily and Amberly to help me.  Since Emily is from England, it definitely lent some authenticity to the whole affair :)

We had a lovely time with our other three roommates and a few friends from our ward.  We had egg salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, orange-cranberry scones, raspberry squares, English muffins, jam and clotted cream, assorted tea, and lemonade.  Turned out wonderfully!  Thanks Beej and Mom for the inspiration :)

3 comments:

Coleen said...

I am more than happy to supply tea party inspiration anytime you need it. Looks like you did indeed have a lovely time. And now you need to make us all those orange-cranberry scones.

Grampa said...

Very British. It seems that the tea party has replaced B&J fests as the go to family food tradition.

Eileen Young said...

Did you teach your guests how to hold their 'pinky'?
Like at the Empress in Vcioria.
grannie