Thursday, July 5, 2007

Elder Rico



It's been two weeks since we said goodbye to Elder Rico at the MTC! You have all seen these photos in your emails but thought I'd send them again to remind everyone how proud we are of Elder. He's doing great. We've received three letters and one email from him and they are all very positive and happy. This excerpt from his email was the one I most loved reading:

"Well things are going pretty well here. Lindsay's rumor was true! All the quorum of the 12 apostles and the first presidency were at the MTC this week (of course all of them were not here at once). They were all here to help train the new Mission Presidents that have been called......
Also I was waiting [to hear President Sonne- future mission president of SLC mission - give a lesson] I was looking over at my companion and heard this voice that said "thanks for the help." I turned around and looked right at Elder M. Russell Ballard, the executive chairman of the mission committe. Wow! I just said thank you back to him and shook his hand. I didnt realize how fast my heart was beating until after he finished greeting my district. I was really greatful to just know that the Apostles appreciate what I am doing. I really look up to them, because what I will do for two years, some of them have been doing for almost 50 years now! And to see Elder Ballard, the head man on missionary work was just incredible. I felt so comforted and reassured to hear his appreciation."
Rico reads his email every Friday. He gets a half hour on the computer. His email made it sound that he's happy to get your emails, and if he gets a lot he will print them up to read later. His address is: davidbschneider@myldsmail.net

All is well here. We leave tomorrow to travel up to Raymond and Pincher Creek to visit Grandma and to attend my cousin Marcy's wedding (Aunt Marge's grandaughter). Will send photos of the trip when I get back.
Love you all - Mom

1 comment:

2x2momma said...

mom and rico look like twinners!!!