Tuesday, July 17, 2007

There's no place like home.....

Housewife's Lament (exerpt)

Last night in my dreams
I was stationed forever,
On a far distant rock
In the midst of the sea.
My one task of life
Was a ceaseless endeavor,
To brush off the waves
As they swept over me.


I'm not posting here to lament at all. I just liked how the above was written, I appreciate the crafting of the sentiment, but I'm actually having a blast playing housewife to both Jordan and Kate (the woman I'm now working for). I clean and cook for this woman - Kate and her three children (all of whom are older than age 12) It's a great gig, today I vacuumed three tons of dog hair while listening to one of my favorite CD's. I'm fairly confident that this will get old but for now Life is a Highway and I'm gonna ride it all night long........

1 comment:

LiNds said...

i LOVE it... This pic looks like it's from Honey I shrunk the kids