Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stumbled across this....


While straightening out my bookshelves the other day I came across my little Wordsworth anthology with a poem sketched on the inside of the back cover. Written on July 13 2006 by Oliver Sr, Coleen, Jordan, myself and MP.

On the shores of Derwent water
By the shining shallow drink
I began to deeply think
As the source of life waved by
The magic splendour cast us
The smallest, newest, weakest link
But upon much deeper contemplation
An embryo challenges our despair
For strength within Char's belly lies
Eternities of mortality's prism.

I remember the poem making sense when we wrote it but the meaning in my mind has sadly grown fuzzy.... one for the blog anyways.

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Wow! Why was this never published? It seemed so very poetic at the time and now, well it seems - prophetic? But one thing for sure - it was fun.

Coleen said...

Wow! Why was this never published? It seemed so very poetic at the time and now, well it seems - prophetic? But one thing for sure - it was fun.