Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hockney and other books



It has been fun using my library card a little more frequently lately! Having graduated in August, I guess I miss having readings to do and so I check out other books! I head to the library every so often to check out a new group of books. It feels great to make my way down my long list of books on my list. I finished off Ender’s Game, Death of Ivan Ilych, Life of Pi, (Rach checked out that one) The Time Traveler’s Wife, and Animal Farm in the last several months. I have always loved reading and am really enjoying these stories and the messages they have.

Besides novels, I also took out an art book about David Hockney! It was inspiring when we were making a painting for the wall above the piano. I also came across a book on How to Make Books. I love the library :) With all this reading I am doing maybe you are wondering how I fit in exercise time. Don't worry... I've gotta get to the library somehow! Rollerblades are my preffered method. Nerdy perhaps?

3 comments:

Coleen said...

Is that a David Hockney painting? Love it! Who was/is he?

C.J. Schneider said...

This painting is so beautiful! I love it.

Grampa said...

Great way to multi-task, Linds.
I'm with you. I love libraries, too.
Digital books are just not quite the same.