Wednesday, March 14, 2012

RSL Jersey

So as most of you know, I am a big Real Salt Lake fan. One of the ways I follow the team (and other soccer information) is through Twitter. It's a pretty good way to get short snippets of information that you otherwise may not get. Additionally, you may get responses from the players themselves, depending on the circumstances.

One of the Real Salt Lake players, Tony Beltran, recently did a contest on Twitter. He asked a question to his followers and the first two who responded with the correct answer would win a jersey autographed by the team. If anyone is interested, the question was "What country did Tony Beltran last play against while playing for the United States national team?"

After doing some quick Google and Wikipedia research, I submitted my answer. It was quick enough, because I was identified as one of the winners! A few weeks later, this came in the mail:



Pretty sweet! The jersey didn't have the autographs of all the players, but had most of them. RSL played here in LA this past weekend and I added a couple more signatures.

P.S. The answer to the trivia question is "Ivory Coast"

2 comments:

C.J. Schneider said...

I love winning stuff. Good one Spencer.

Grampa said...

Nice work, Spencer. That's a very bright jersey. Must be hard to miss on the offsides.