Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What is it about this show?



I know at least a couple dozen people who LOVE this show. And they all know dozens of others who love it too. And from what I understand so do thousands of others. I'm trying to figure out why there's such a huge fan base. The acting is fantastic - especially Maggie Smith, and the story is intriguing - WWI in England, with kind of an 'Upstairs, Downstairs' them. The whole thing is actually pretty soapy. Does that explain such rabid fandom?
I don't have any answers except I know I'm hooked too and can't wait til Season Three..




4 comments:

Grampa said...

I'm vigorously trying to avoid it so I don't get hooked too, but maybe it's time to take the plunge. So many people can't be wrong.

Rico said...

"The British 1 percent" as one writer calls it..is good. I've only seen the first season though.

Nora said...

That's hilarious Coleen! I have the first season on loan from a friend at church and am on the 3rd episode. So far so good ;)

Nora said...

Sorry, I also just have to say that the costume design is amazing!