Saturday, April 7, 2012

Italy!

Our Italy trip was amazing! We thoroughly enjoyed Rome, Venice, and then Florence- ate tons of gelato and yummy food, and had such a blast together. I love Italy!!!!!! There are pics up on FB too thanks to Spence!

There is lots to tell but I guess I really should just start somewhere... let me start with Venice, and then I'll try to post again about more later. We were there on Sunday April 1, and saw St Marks square, the Correr Museum, and....

Sunset... Beautiful Grand Canal

We also heard some great music at the Florian Cafe... BUT One of the highlights of our trip was our Gondola ride! Our Gondolier was named Giovanni! Here are some pics


The Bridge of Sighs... people would get one last look at Venice as they were led into the prison on the other side of the bridge. They were said to *sigh.*

There were tons of beautiful sights as we glided along... it was really cool to be right at street level and get a different perspective as we passed little 'alleys' and streets. I loved this beautiful plant hanging over the wall.

When the moon hits the sky... no, actually we did get serenaded, but it was the tune, ' O' Sole Mio' I got a little on video- the last bit of his song. It was absolutely lovely as we coasted along. I was amazed at how quietly and beautifully he sang on this peaceful, quiet eve as we floated through the 'streets' of Venice. I'm glad Spence and I could do this! Luv you!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'll have to look for the pictures on FB :)

woozie said...

Looks amazing!!! :)

Coleen said...

Linds - what a beautiful time you must have had! Makes me want to go back to Venice.