Monday, April 23, 2012

Another successful year for Juice


OJ turns 59 today and from what I can gather it's been a pretty good run thus far.  Happy Birthday Dad!  We all love you lots.


Coleen (aka your wife) said: Happy Happy Birthday to OJ
When I first met you I thought you were perhaps the smartest, kindest, wittiest person I'd ever met.  I've met a lot more people in the last 36 years so now I know for sure that's what you are...
So Smart - I don't think I've asked you any question about any topic that you haven't been able to answer.
So Kind - You always know what to do to make someone feel better. 
So Witty - You make me laugh every day.  That's why I'm still sane. (That may be debatable to some.) And you make everyone around you laugh too. 
Have the best 59th Ever.
xo Forever, Coleen


Melissa said:
I love how dad really is a good listenert. He always has nice things to say and is such a sweetie. I remember when he tried to really get into waterskiing because he knew that everyone else liked it and wanted us all to have fun. We love you dad!


Ian said:
I don't think I've ever seen OJ complain.  His happy and understated approach to serving his family has always been impressive to me, but has taken on a lot more importance now that I have kids.  I'm grateful for his example.


Jordan said:
It's always been a pleasure to visit with you dad over the past couple years since we've moved back to Edmonton we always love hearing your intelligent insights and thoughts about life. Thank you for your willingness to entertain the boys (they always love playing grampa monster with you)  and help out with them over the last couple of years and hope we have many more good memories with them to come.


Charla said:
You are so interesting.  Your memory and intellect are pretty amazing and I see how much your children admire that about you as well.  I am so grateful that my children can be close enough to you to be able to spend time with you and to get to know you - I hope your influence rubs off on them.   I am also so grateful for how willing you are to help us - from babysitting to advising as a doctor.   Other things I love are your gentle manner, your beautiful humility and your kindness.  O.J. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! 


Lindsay said:
What I love about you, Dad, is that you are always so funny, fun to be with, and low key.  You never take things too seriously.  On another note, you are a great support and strength. It's wonderful to share scriptural insights with you and I will never forget how I stumbled upon you reading conference talks one time when I was in my emotional teen  years.  It had a powerful affect on me.  You are a good example and you have always been there to support and comfort me when I have needed it.   Thanks for that! I love you!  Have a blast this birthday!!


Spencer said:
I like how OJ is always so calm and relaxed, even under pressure.  Must be the medical training, but however it happened it’s really great!  Also I like how kind and caring he is to his family.


Beej said:
I love how Dad is always where he needs to be.  Even if he can only make it to Church for twenty minutes because of his work schedule he’s there for twenty minutes.  His immense intellect combined with his compassionate heart endears him to everyone who has the opportunity of spending significant amounts of time with him.  I had the opportunity when working at the hospital to notice just how admired he was by everyone who worked with him.  Happy Birthday Dad!


Rico said:
What I really like about Dad is that he is always calm and willing to help others. He also goes about helping others in a way without being flashy. He also has a way of helping you with something in a way that doesn't make you feel like a moron for not noticing something that was obvious. I also like asking Dad lots of questions because he seems to know the answer to a lot of questions. He also enjoys learning the answer to something in the rare instances when he does not know the answer. Which is a thing I really admire about him.


Woozie said:
Dad seems to know EVERYTHING!  It's amazing!  But even though he is extremely smart, he is very humble about it.  Dad is also very supportive and willing to help you out with anything you need to do, he's the best.  Love you lots Dad, happy birthday!!!

5 comments:

Coleen said...

Have the best day and year ever!

Grampa said...

Thanks, everyone for your kind comments. It's been a fabulous birthday already! I feel very blessed to belong to such a wonderful family. Love, Gramps

mrpuente said...

Hope its a great day and a great year! You deserve it.

LiNds said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Mom is so great at making birthdays fun, I'm sure it's been a riot!

Eileen Young said...

OJ -
Happy Birthday. We are happy that you are a member of our family. All your childrens' comments are so true....'Children are an heritage of the Lord....Happy is the man who hath his quiver full of them'....And that means YOU!
We love you!
G & G