Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bronze Medal

Over the past couple of years I've been taking the exams for the Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) certification for my job.  There are 3 sections, one exam per section.  I took my last one in June 2012 and found out a month or two after that I had passed it and received my CIRA. At the time I was thrilled.

Recently, however, I found out even better news.  Every year, they review the scores of everyone that passes their final section that year and the total them up.  They also review the exams to make sure the scores are accurate.  They then award what's called the Zolfo Cooper/Randy Waits medals, with the Gold medal being for the top scorer in the nation when all exam sections are combined, the Silver for 2nd and the Bronze for 3rd.  They also award certificates of distinguished performance for those whose combined scores just missed receiving one of the medals.

I found out that I am the Bronze medal winner for 2012.  Obviously I'm extremely thrilled about it; I didn't know I was even in the running for this award.  I'm supposed to receive the award at the annual conference in Chicago but since the date of the award banquet is just a week before Lindsay is due, I will be unable to attend that.  Still, it's a nice award to receive and will definitely help me going forward.

They also asked for a headshot for the newsletter and for the yearbook listing the prior award winners.  Since I didn't have one, Melissa agreed to take one for me:


She made me look pretty good and professional, don't you think?

3 comments:

LiNds said...

Whee! I'm so so so proud of you! This was the best news to receive and it's been fun sharing it too! I'm glad you wrote this post so we could catch up with those we haven't told yet. Love you!!

Grampa said...

Well done, Spencer. Nice photo. You look like a successful hedge fund manager.

mrpuente said...

Congratulations! I find this news totally unsurprising. Keep up the good work, especially with that new mouth to feed ;)