Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Beej!


Spencer:  Happy birthday! When I think of what song best fits you, a certain professor of archeology comes to mind. Somehow I see you being very handy with a bullwhip and fedora and your love of the outdoors.

 
Jordan: Happy birthday Beej! This song reminds me of folkfest and how we had a great time going with you this past summer (Colin Hay actually played there a couple years ago) and it also reminds me of your interest in travelling and exploring the 'beautiful world'. But pls focus on the first three quarters of the song and not the last line or two! Cheers Snej

Coleen:  Happy Birthday John! I chose this birthday song - actually sung eight years ago to your 'Latino' brother - but today just imagine it sung to You, by your other Latino brothers!...  Dad and David and I had such a wonderful time picking you up after your mission.  We saw for ourselves how you had given your all to making your mission experience so remarkable.  You were so well loved by everyone we met - from the mission president to all the other missionaries, to everyone you taught, to all the hermanas.   President Evans said of you - Everyone wants to be Elder Schneider. I think that's still the case, John.  You have such a beautiful combination of humor, kindness, spirituality, intelligence, adventure and love of life rolled into one.  I am so proud of you. Have the best birthday!
Editor Note:  I couldn't get the video to embed, sorry!
Oliver: Happy Birthday Beej!! I thought this song and video captured your zany musical outdoor spirit.  I hope you never lose your zest for life and your great sense of humor.  This is your year! Love, Dad
Lindsay: Beej you are a gem of a brother!  You always have your own spunky way of doing things and are deliberate in what you do.  You have a fun, personable way about you.  I love your sense of humor.  I also appreciate the thoughts, ideas, and insights that you share with me.  It's wonderful to learn new things from you.  You are a deep thinker and you also have a lot of FUN!  Which is why, after the first thing that came to mind was mustaches when I thought of you, I found this!!!!

It's especially great from 0:50  Spence and I laughed and laughed HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
David:  I pick the theme song to Seinfeld. Since John is a big fan of the show and tried to record all the episodes on VHS before the novel concept of tv on DVD and now digital streaming.


Rachel:  Happy birthday Beej!!! Maybe one day we can come up with an equally awesome and successful act like these guys (except of course with cello and violin).  I always have so much fun jamming with you.  If only we could go back to the glory days at Pike Place Market.  Looking forward to even more jam seshs with you in the future!

Melissa:  For me it's Pachebel Canon.  He played it at my wedding so beautifully!  I love to hear him on the cello and that's a good one for it.  :) 

Ian: John has always been a little bit classical and a little bit rock n' roll!

No comments: