Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas time

I'm so excited for this Christmas! As I look towards the upcoming weeks, my mind is filled with thoughts about home and family. As I finish up school projects, wrap things up and work, say goodbye for now to friends, and prepare for our ward Christmas program, I can't help but think about the warm cozy rug by the fire at home, the Christmas tree, and the cider or hot chocolate we will surely enjoy together. :) It will be wonderful to relax with family after a busy few months for us all. (or relax in Sacramento, Puentes.) I have a lot on my plate right now but by trying to stay centered on the reason behind why we celebrate Christmas, it's putting things in perspective. I love the story shared by President Monson in the First Presidency Christmas devotional. The inspiring tale of the man in the flannel suit at the Atlanta airport in 1970 really moved me. I am reminded of the power, strength, and comfort that comes from being together as a family, at home, and especially during this season. I am also reminded of the incredible love and kindness that we can show towards others.
L

2 comments:

Coleen said...

This is such a poetic tribute to Christmas Linds.

C.J. Schneider said...

I hope you have a cozy relaxing Christmas at home!