Thursday, December 17, 2009

Super Oliver


Oliver likes Spiderman, Buzz Lightyear, Mr Incredible. He doesn't even know who Mr Incredible is but loves the preview of it on one of our movies. In fact, unless Jordan has been secretly showing Oilver Spiderman clips - he has never seen spiderman either yet somehow he knew when he recieved a hand me down spiderman shirt that it was the most extrodinary piece of clothing he would ever come across. My little boy just loves superheroes. I noticed the trend and decided to try to use the information to help in my efforts to foster a loving, kind, GENTLE relationship with Ben. One night he woke up and came into our room. He seemed like he needed a little comforting so I cozied up with him in our bed and told him a tale of heroism, bravery and courage beyond belief. I told him the tale of.............SUPER OLIVER!!!! I told him one story and then just changed a few details each time I told it. He never seems to tire of this story and often asks me to tell it while making suggestions as to what the villian and crime should be. Oliver was the one who came up with the ideas for the fates of the villians. The story goes like this:

Once upon a time there was a boy named Oliver who was very big and strong.
One day he heard his little brother Ben crying and so he flew over to him to see what was wrong.
He saw that :

(insert one of the following tradgedies)
a crocodile was eating Ben's shirt
aliens were jumping on Ben
a monster was pulling Ben's hair
a mean guy was shouting in Ben's face

So Oliver said "Hey you! Stop hurting my brother!"
Oliver got a rope, tied up the (crocodile, alien, monster, mean guy) and threw him into the ocean.
And then:

(insert one of the following fates for the villian)
sharks ate the (crocodile, alien, monster, mean guy) and went "ha, ha, ha, ha"
pirates came and took the (crocodile, alien, monster, mean guy)

THE END.

4 comments:

Bonnie White said...

Char I wish you had been my mother - or mothered my children. You have such interesting ideas to catch children's attention and foster their goodness.

Coleen said...

Oliver/'Spiderman' - Wow - so much power, and great responsibility :) You rock!

Grampa said...

Char, it must be exhausting being the mother of a superhero. You're doing a great job of holding it all together.

Luv,
Gramps

2x2momma said...

That is such an amazingly great idea. I will have to use the saving the little brother story over here!