Friday, December 4, 2009

19 YEAR OLD RACHEL!!

WOW!... RACHEL! Your head must still be spinning from everything that's happened this year. Not only high school graduation and starting college, traveling to Vietnam and Chile and welcoming your brother home, slinging bagels at Noahs and throwing a dinner party for 30 and

earning your YW recognition award and raising hundreds of dollars for the orphanage in Vietnam and volunteering dozens of hours in the community and having tons of fun with your friends and loving every minute you get to spend with your nephews  and always telling people about them- including the newest one! , and applying to colleges, earning scholarships and awards and staying in shape by


running and going to mom-daughter book clubs and performing Viva la Vida on your violin in front of 2,000 people and trying to help everyone with their problems and more, much more but still staying cool and collected through it all.
(That explains the photo of the snowman!)



Rachel, in all the busyness and excitement and challenges and tough decisions of your last year at home there was one moment that really stood out for me. It was the Sunday right after prom. You'd been out all night with your friends. You came home at 8 AM and got ready for church. And then you gave a beautiful talk in sacrament meeting about your favorite New Testament scripture story. You told us about the woman at the well. You said how her story shows how one can learn to recognize, then accept and then love the Savior. And then you said how much you loved the scripture from Mark 4:39, "Peace, be Still". Then I understood why you've decided to make good choices and do the things you do.
Rachel, you've had such an amazing year because YOU are amazing. And for that reason I know the next year also has many wonderful things in store for you.
Enjoy your very last day of being 18 and -
Happy Birthday!





12 comments:

LiNds said...

Amen to the comment about your talk that you can learn to recognize then accept then love our Savior. I was really touched by the idea that He renews us, in Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." I think that's wonderful that you accept and love Him and have realized this relatively early on in your life!!! Way to go!! Love you, you rock!

Rico said...

Happy 19th birthday Rach! You have had a great year. Keep making the most of it. It has been great to see how you have handled all the changes in being in a new place. Keep it up

David

C.J. Schneider said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!! Hope you have a great day.

Love Char

Eileen Young said...

Rachel-
Last year of the 'teens'!! Can hardly believe it. Where have the years gone? You have so much to be grateful for - family who think you are special. All the traveling you have done!! You have such a good relationship with your grannie - always willing to help me when you come over even though you 'milk' me for all my 'talents & experiences'!! Glad that you are now a profficient cook of Ukrainian dishes. I'm grateful for your patience trying to teach me to become more computer literate. G & G enjoyed looking after you when your folks went away - you took us to see that funny movie downtown & then we took you out for dinner - and all the time I was clinging to your arm because I was waiting for my knee surgery. I loved meeting your friends. I'm grateful for listening to me when I gave you 'counsel on this 'n that. ' Know that G & G love you & expect much from you!
Love
G & G

Grampa said...

Rach,

You rock!! Have a great party and a great year.

Luv,
Gramps

2x2momma said...

Happy Birthday Rach!! Love you!!

beej11 said...

Wow 19 Woozie way to go. I love how you are excited to try new things and to help others. You are always considerate of others and how they are doing in such a gentle non overbearing way. That's why you're so much fun to hang out with. Good luck on your finals!!

woozie said...

Thanks Mom for the great post! I really appreciate it. And thanks everyone for all your birthday wishes I have the best family! Love you all

Snej said...

Wow didn't realise you had such a busy year but that's certainly a lot of accomplishments Woozen! We're glad you were able to make it for a visit during our time here and Oliver certainly remembers Auntie Rachel well. Have a great birthday and we hope we'll all be able to see you again soon.

mrpuente said...

Congratulations Rachel! Hope you had a great day.

Bonnie White said...

Okay it is totally creepy that I stalk the Schneid comments but somehow I feel like an adopted cousin, sister, friend. I remember well your mother's influence on me Rachel as I joined the church. You sound like a woman much like her - full of new ideas and seeking opportunities to excel and to be more. I have loved that Schneid influence in my life and my children's lives. Happy belated birthday.

Nora said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday Rachel!!