Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Biking on the Beach

I just got back from a lovely bike ride on the beach! I decided that I had to do it before I leave. I went with a friend I met here, Blake, who I've gone on a couple dates with. We started out a little late, about 7 pm, but that allowed us to see the sunset which of course is always gorgeous on the beach. It's amazing to see the entire process of the sun setting too, and it always surprises me how quickly the sun sinks in those last few minutes. The colors are fabulous to see too, both before and after. We kept riding till we got to Manhattan Beach, which is several miles south of where we started, and we got some yummy dinner there. I have to remember how fun it is to bike ride on the beach and hopefully next time I visit LA I can make it a priority!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

I have to say that the second time I rode a bike on the beach in LA I was scared 'cause my right hand still has a scar from the FIRST time I rode a bike on the beach. But I took it slow and loved it so much that I've done it a couple times since. Sunset is absolutely the best time ever for that ride.
Glad to hear you liked it so much

Grampa said...

Looks like a ton of fun, wooz. Provo will be tough to take after this.