Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A few one liners

Char and I used to watch this comedy show in the UK that featured all kinds of differenct stand up comics. There was one episode we saw where the guy's performance was just one liner after one liner. It was pretty good and also pretty incredible to have any kind of flow with so many one liners - but I thought he pulled it off well, here are some of his famous one liners that I thought were pretty funny:

In university I was going to join the debating club but somebody talked me out of it.

"My girlfriend say's that I'm afraid of committment....well she's not my girlfriend...more a wife"

"My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that."

"I quit my job at the helium gas factory. I didn't like being spoken to in that voice."

My manic depressive buddy was attacked by a bi-polar bear...

"I dedicate this show to my dad who was a roofer. So dad, if you're up there...."

"I went to a Karaoke Bar last night that didn't play any 70s music, at first I was afraid, oh I was petrified"

2 comments:

2x2momma said...

I love these lines! They made me really chuckle....

Grampa said...

Very funny, snej. Good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor with all this accounting.