Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yosemite!

It was such a blast to camp in the gorgeous Yosemite National Park with Beej and Rach. I’ve wanted to do more camping here in CA and with the Beej and the Wooze, both proactive, avid hiker camper types, with a deadline of when they’d leave, we got right out to Yosemite for a couple glorious days of hiking! Our first hike was the half dome, and we got a (much needed) early start- the hike had a 5000 foot elevation gain! It's about a 16 mile round trip. So it was a toughy but a goody. Beej and Wooze, in much better shape, were patient as I dragged my butt up the hill! We had a great time though! The challenge was fulfilling.
Rach and Beej in front of a pretty valley as we started the hike


Some of the beautiful sights... the falls.


Our destination. (Courtesy of the website) The Yosemite site made this hike sound like a death march. Although it was a tough hike (for me!) it didn’t break us.


The cables! The last 200 yards or so…


Beej lead us in climbing the cables



The view!!



It felt really great to complete the hike and we had a fun time with the friends we made along the way! We explored other parts of the park the next day too... I think those pics are on Beej's camera. We'll have to get out there again!!


3 comments:

Coleen said...

Wow you guys - totally awesome and I'm totally jealous!

mrpuente said...

I'm also jealous. Looks like a great time.

woozie said...

Such a fun time! Everyone needs to go to Yosemite at least once, I think.