Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Birthday David :)

From John:

Here's my song for Rico:

Rico, I picked New York New York because you would always play it on the piano.  I admire your ability to stick with something despite the obstacles and difficulties that you face.  Your ability to focus on an objective and see it through is something that has always impressed me about you.  Even when we had a very difficult hike and you had tremendous challenges like your hiking boots coming apart, all the dead fall and having to ford the might Elwha river in your first overnight hiking trip in a very long time you stuck with it.  I think you could do very well on the top of the heap in a city like New York.  Happy Birthday!





Happy birthday Rico!  There are probably hundreds of songs I could choose that remind me of you, since you introduced me to a lot of music. So because of that, a lot of my music taste is from you. But I thought I would pick this clip because you also introduced me to my favorite show which Andrew and I have often been able to enjoy together, and I definitely remember often that it was thanks to you!  Thanks for your good taste in music, TV shows, movies, etc. You have had a big impact on me in that as well as other parts of life!  Thanks for being a great big brother. Have an awesome birthday!
Love, Rach



This song reminded me of you when you were busting out your moves at the wedding dance.
You can really move.  Happy 26th!!
Best wishes for your greatest year ever.

Luv, Dad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs

Rico,

Happy birthday! Thanks again for all your help at the wedding! I hope all is going well with CPA exams. My song choice for you is "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.


As I've gotten to know you, I've noticed how proud you are to be a Seattleite. During our roadtrip from Provo last year, you talked about how much you liked the greenery and the general vibe of your city. I can't think of an artist more proud of Seattle than Macklemore, and I think "Can't Hold Us" is a Seattle anthem, in a way. I would definitely picture you as a member of Macklemore's Seattleite possy dancing around in the background of this video – you've got mad dance moves, by the way :)

Hope this year is good one!

Andrew


Happy Birthday Rico! I know the intro for this song and song itself is a bit cheesy but I like how when you are focused on something you will get it done and it reminds me of how you can keep a good focus. Hope you have a great day. Jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYB

From Melissa:
When you were little it was so fun to see how much you loved movies! I remember memorizing sections of Lion King and Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast because it seemed like they were always playing. But the one I especially remember was Home Alone. Of course that was such a huge blockbuster you were not the only one who liked it! For some reason the "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" song sung so dreamily always makes me smile when I think of you re enacting Kevin scenes.

Happy Birthday! I love you!

Happy Birthday Rico -
I loved hearing you play this on the piano. And I actually think that the title suits one of the best parts of your personality - the guys who dresses up for Halloween/plays various percussion instruments/has a few groovy dance moves/throws out awesome one liners and assorted humor spots at a moments notice.
Love you,
Mom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFkae0j_Ns

I've noticed a fondness for the Star Wars universe in your life, so I decided to go with this medley version.  May the Force be with you on your birthday!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtQb2axKpuw

From Ian -

Happy Birthday David!  A quick reference to your facebook likes indicated both Spiderman and Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid as likes for you.  As a result I picked this little clip from Spider Man 2.  I've always unironically loved this song, its got a nice message of keeping positive even in adversity.  I thought it particularly appropriate since you've chosen Seattle as your hometown.  It was great to spend some time with you last week and the kids spoke highly of your contributions to cousin camp.  I hope you have a great day and an even better year!

1 comment:

Rico said...

Thank you everyone for the song selections and the birthday wishes and the compliments.