Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

When I first heard this song by Regina Spektor I thought of Lindsay. Lindsay also said that she liked to sing her songs so that was a nice confirmation for me. I admire Lindsay for being happy all the time and just seeing things through an optimistic perspective. Also you're very creative. Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Love, Rico

Hi Linds,

I remember you used to like Sarah Harmer.  This song reminds me of you because it is so 
creative and unique.    I especially like the house in the briefcase.
Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!

Luv, Dad
 
(editor's note: the official link that Dad sent me is unavailable in the US, this is the music video Dad is talking about, but it's not officially from Sarah Harmer's youtube channel. So watch this while you can before it gets taken down.)
 
Lindsay - 
I chose this song because I don't know of anyone who thinks of you without thinking of music and singing. It's so much a part of you. But the other equally big part of you is your cheery and happy outlook on life.  You have blended those two elements in such a beautiful way and have inspired so many people and made so many happy. And now sweet Jamison gets to be one of those people.
I love you.  Have a wonderful birthday!
The woman in the video reminds me of you - even down to the pink guitar! :)
(The first part of the video is talking, so start after one minute.)
 - Mom
Linds-

Your ability to always be optimistic and loving and supportive is such a blessing in all of our lives.  You have an ability to see the bright side and the goodness in every situation and every individual.  You're going to be one of the best moms ever.  I hope you have the best birthday.  I hope you like this song, for some reason Ingrid Michaelson's voice reminds me of yours, yours is better but she comes pretty close, I hope you like it.
 
Love, Beej
Lindsay,

Happy birthday! It was nice to see you and Spencer and baby Jamison at the wedding. 

Now, for your song – I put a lot of thought into this. I was trying to think of what word best describes your personality. After much internal debate, I settled on "bubbly."
 
I know Jack Johnson is referring to toes here, but I think the upbeat, positive feel of the song and the bubbly cadence make it a good fit for you.

I wish you and Spencer all the best this year as you raise Jamison!
 
- Andrew
 
 
Here it is!

Happy birthday Linds! Hope you have the awesomest day! The first thing that comes to mind for songs that remind me of you is oldies. You have always loved them and I think they capture your fun personality. More specifically, I will always remember the times you taught me how to swing dance. This song jumped to mind because its such a classic swing dance song. We had some good moves! You were always one to teach your little sis something new and I really appreciated that and still do! Love you tons and happy happy birthday once again!
- Rachel 
 
Happy Birthday Lindsay!  I hope its a great day.  I often think of Sound of Music when I think of you.  Especially when you helped with the children's birthday song for Nana.  Your love of music is a beautiful thing.  I'm excited to see how it grows it in your family and look forward to many wonderful musical numbers from the von Ferrero family!  May you have a great day and fantastic year!  Love, Ian
 
I remember when Julian and Caleb were newly home from the hospital and we would be trying to take special care of them and give them massages. We would play a cd that had the song "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing" at least I think that's what it was! Here it is:
 
That was a special time. Happy Birthday Linds! Love you!
- Melissa
 
 

2 comments:

LiNds said...

THANKS!!! these songs are all so awesome:) I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday playlist from you all. we 'von Ferreros' (haha) danced to the music:) Thanks for reminding me of special times, my fave songs, and for the kind compliments.

Unknown said...

thanks for this article
Crown India Packers And Movers
Packers And Movers In Mumbai
Packers And Movers In Navi Mumbai
Local Packers And Movers in Mumbai And Navi Mumbai