Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Beej!


1. How old are you turning this year? 27ish


2. What is your favorite food? Mole (It's Mexican)


3. What is your most frequently purchased grocery item? Kellogg's Corn Pops Cereal


4. What is your bedtime routine like? Usually I watch sports highlights, read for a bit and then drift off into la la land


5. What are three things you absolutely have to do every day? Read some on-line newspapers, do at least one thing I deem productive ("productive" can be defined loosely), do one thing that makes me laugh either at myself or someone else


6. What do you listen to most? Silence


7. What's one skill you wish you had? Knowing how to fix, repair or replace things


8. What skill are you most proud of? Playing the cello


9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? Mount Everest Base Camp


10. What is your favorite place you've been? Nueva Rosita, Coahuila, Mexico


11. What are three of your favorite books? Lord of the Rings, Book of Mormon, Plato's Republic


12. If you had to buy any magazine what would it be? The Economist


13. What is one thing that gets on your nerves? Challenging and timed examinations


14. What is your favorite sport to watch or play? My favorite sport to watch is hockey, my favorite sport to play is soccer


15. What do you love to do when you have nothing to do? Surf the Internet for travel destinations


16. What are three things you wish you had? More travel time, a quicker brain, a greater ability to be compassionate


17. What is your favorite treat? Probably Mom's Rolo Cookies (Editor's note: John indicated in his response that Rolo is a registered trademark, but Blogger won't let me copy and paste so I can't insert that in here. Sorry)


18. What are a few things you hope to accomplish or learn this year? I hope to complete a marathon and an outdoor triathlon, climb a mountain of significance, improve my mountaineering skills, strengthen bonds of unity with friends and family, finish law school


19. What are your favorite things to watch (TV show/movie)? I love mostly TV shows; Modern Family, Community, Better off Ted, Arrested Development, Seinfeld


20. What are your three most visited websites (besides Facebook/email)? The Globe and Mail.com, NY Times.com, IMDB.com/cinemaclock.com

12 comments:

Coleen said...

Happy Birthday Johnny!
It was fun to celebrate with Skor cake on Sunday and we should celebrate again with Rolo cookies! After our Tiger Mom discussion I'm really really happy to hear that you list the cello as the accomplishment you're most proud of. You could also list a few dozen more, including your wonderful sense of humor.
Love you so much, Mom

Grampa said...

Happy Birthday Beej

Hope this is the greatest year ever for you. Based on your answers you have a very high adventure score, so I hope you make some good memories and adventures this year. I'll be on the lookout for good fast food mole restaurants for you.

Luv,
Dad

woozie said...

Happy 27thish birthday Beej! You definitely have a lot to be proud of. I admire your adventuresomeness and your determination to finish law school. I think its cool that you look up travel destinations, I like doing that too! Even if we can't go anywhere yet. This will be a good year for you, good luck Beej!

C.J. Schneider said...

Happy Birthday tickle monster, tumble down wrestler, scooping, roaring, laughing, delight of an uncle.

I LOVE arrested development. After watching quite a few episodes online I started hearing the narrator in my head narrating my own life - disturbing but funny.

Hope you have a great day!

Rico said...

Happy birthday Beej! I too wish I could fix and repair things Les Sykes style.

LiNds said...

Happy Birthday! From Birthday Roy (j/k) I hope that it's been a good day and continues to be. 27 is a good year! Yesterday when I told Julian it was Uncle John's bday and how old you would be, he asked, ‘is that big?’ haha. 'yes it is.'

I think it's cool that you have such good goals that you're working towards like strengthening bonds of unity with friends and family, finishing law school. Way to go. You sound focused and driven. When you were probably 12 I remember you had your 'personal mission' posted on your bulletin board in your room and I was impressed, not only because it was writted and posted but also because you had a really good personal mission written down. I remember it was concise, to the point, and significant. You set a good example!

Snej said...

Happy Birthday Beej, it was good to have a birthday celebration with you and re-live the story of your birth, something we haven't heard for quite a while now. I'm lovin the something productive being loosely defined comment cuz I often find myself thinking the same way.

2x2momma said...

Happy Birthday! It was really great to chat with you last night. The boys sure miss you and got the hugest twinkles in their eyes when they got to talk to you. I love Modern Family too.. xoxoxoxoxoxo Happy You!

2x2momma said...

Happy Birthday John! The boys were all excited to call and sing to you yesterday. You've definitely made an impression on them. I hope you had a great day!

Eileen Young said...

Happy Birthday John Peter -
So, 27 is a good age to think of settling down, don't you think? Are you going to act on Elder Dallin oak's challenge?
Marriage is about the highest mountain you can climb especially if you want to reach the celestial kingdom.
I have always enjoyed you personality, you are a peacemaker and have discovered the virtue of silence. the virtue of silence - knowing that reacting causes contention. Congratulations.
Love
Grannie

Eileen Young said...

Sorry. I didn't edit my comment, but I'm certain you got the message.
G

Grampa said...

THIS IS FROM BEEJ - He says his new email server doesn't let him make comments.
He says,"Thanks for all the birthday wishes! You guys are great!"