Monday, January 30, 2012

"Our Father Below"


Right now I am reading the Screwtape Letters, which I got for Christmas. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this book. It is an account of letter correspondence between two demons who work to tempt humans and lead them down to Hell. It is very funny and also very serious at the same time. Here's a quote from a chapter I read today: "It does not matter how small the sins are provided that their cumulative effect is to edge the man away from the light and out into the Nothing...Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." How true that is. There are many scriptures that highlight that same idea. I recommend reading this book if you haven't yet!

1 comment:

Grampa said...

Very profound, Wooz. C.S. Lewis was a very religious man with many spiritual insights.