Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Yay for Thanksgiving!  It is one of my favorite holidays. Admittedly, I love all holidays, but Thanksgiving is pretty cool since it's a great chance to give thanks and an excuse to gorge yourself.

I'm sure you're already familiar with the history of Thanksgiving, but I'll give a brief recap.  The first Thanksgiving celebration was thought to be held in 1621 between the Plymouth colonists and the Wampanoag Indians.  From then on, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states throughout the year.  It wasn't until 1863 that President Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.




I am thankful for lots of things, and one of those is Thanksgiving!  This year was lots of fun because along with Mom, Dad, Rico and Beej, we had G&G and Andrew visiting in Seattle.  It was so great to have them! 



2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Thanks for your info.
We were happy to celebrate Thanksgiving with you.
I loved your picture.
Love
Grannie

C.J. Schneider said...

I'm thankful for lots of things too. It will be great to see you at Christmas.