Saturday, September 12, 2009

Big Ben

Ben is so sweet and we all love that he's joined our little family. These past three weeks have been happy, thrilling, exhausting, painful, hazy.....
I came across the following quote a little while ago and it's come to mind a number of times in the past while:
"Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes." - Francis Bacon
I've struggled with my recovery from the delivery and am still having a hard time with feeding Ben but the difficulties are wonderfully overshadowed by the blissful comforts and hopes of having this little one in my arms.

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multifuly thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children..." Genesis 3:16
I don't know why the sorrow was mentioned but not the joy. It just seems like the two are married when it comes to motherhood. From the very beginning to the very end. Children come and there's sorrow, children leave and there's sorrow and I guess that's just the price women have to pay to be able to taste the joy that comes from raising children. Sooooo worth it!

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist,
directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable,
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs,
and still-frames in your mind.
Hang it on the shelf of
good health and good time.

For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable,
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

-Green Day





9 comments:

2x2momma said...

Char! I didn't realize this until Lindsay and Caleb told me but it's Grandparents Day today and these photos are the best Grandparents Day gift! Ben is beautiful. As always you've shared the best quotes -All true. Thank you. Love you - Nan

2x2momma said...

I also didn't realize that since I'm sending this from Melissa's computer that it looks like my comment is coming from her. But its me - Nana!
Just hanging out with most of the Grand boys for the day. Can hardly wait to see the other ones - soon!
Love Nan

LiNds said...

Char!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice job, guys! I hope to see him soon. I love that Greenday song you quoted, it was my high school graduation song, and it reminds me of being in the moment. Enjoy your little one while he's a wee one!

Eileen Young said...

Grandparents Day!! I'll take it that it also means Greatgrandparents Day!!! The pictures & quotes are awesome. Thank you . What handsome sons you have.
They are special. Can hardly wait to see them. We'll give you a day off when you visit in Edmonton and have them all to ourselves. So, hurry home.
Love
Gigi

2x2momma said...

What a beautiful baby Char! How wise of you to be treasuring these moments, while at the same time appreciating their challenges ;) What a little sweetie... (ps. this is really me!!)

Katey said...

Congratulations you guys, he's darling! How is the big brother adapting to the newcomer?

C.J. Schneider said...

Oliver loves baby Ben - wants to wrestle with him already. I'm Ben's personal body guard.

Grampa said...

The size difference between Ben and Oliver is amazing. It shows how fast babies grow in the early years - all that great nourishment from momma.

Congratulations on a fine baby!!

Luv,
Gramps

woozie said...

adorable!!! congratulations and i can't wait to see him