Sunday, September 6, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza... the fun continues!!

Thanks for all the warm wishes from everyone for my birthday! It was awesome this year! Meliss and her boys got me started with the birthday celebrating with cupcakes iced with pink frosting and the cutest ever rendition of 'Happy Birthday,' Caleb kept saying, 'you're birthday's not over yet!!' It was such fun. Thanks also to everyone else for all the warm birthday wishes! Love you guys-

As for the actual big party- I've done a dinosaur party- for my 7th birthday. There was no sleepover like my 11th or canoeing trip like my 18th... It was an 80's dress like an icon party my roommate threw at our friend Tims!!

Here are a few pics so you can sample what a good time it was



There was an awesome turnout, and if I showed you more pics you'd see Billy Idol, Degrassi High look a likes, and people from Random music videos. There was also a Ninja Turtle and Pac Man (Uncle Hu would appreciate that :)

My cake was 80's looking




compliments of my awesome roommate. A friend (one of the guys in the back of the pic where I am blowing out my candles,) sprayed my hair to make it pink. He says he's good at 'tagging.' My character was JEM, the 80s Cartoon character ;)



It was so fun to put her outfit together. There are some great thrift stores around here, and with a little luck I found the right clothes for her outfit. The heels just needed some pink nail polish and sparkles, and VOILA! We had some great times. 80s music blaring, dancing out on our friends balcony under some Christmas lights. Good times :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Coleen said...

Hey Jem,

Looks like this party even beat out your dinosaur party for fun times! Way to go! Who's your stylist?

LiNds said...

Yours truly.

Bonnie White said...

Pretty in pink Lindsay! Happy Belated birthday. We need to take another road trip with your mom and my daughter(s). Much love, Bonnie

Grampa said...

I think Jem is overdue for a comeback movie. I mean, really, if the Watchmen and Ironman can get on the big screen, then why not a sensation like Jem?