Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm grateful for live music!

I've become a little bit of a concert junkie since coming to LA. I can't really help it! I have so many opportunities to see amazing live music. A couple weeks ago a friend on mine and I went and saw Regina Spektor. It was so awesome! The venue was this outdoor concert hall called the Greek. It was a little chilly that night (for LA) but the blowing wind added a fun effect to the already awesome concert. Regina didn't seem to mind. The wind tossled her hair but she's just say cute things like, 'I hope our love is keeping y'all warm tonite.' Coming from Russia I guess she can handle adverse weather. She's a good performer live.

My favorite of hers, ever since Mercedes mentioned it back in '06, is 'Fidelity.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTDRztaCCw
It has about 14 000 000 views, and I'm sure about 5 000 of them are mine. I just LOVE the music and the artistry of the video. So I was stoked first of all that she was performing here at all and secondly that I would be able to hear my favorite song live. I kept waiting for it and waiting for it- she performed some songs with her band and then on her own. Then she brought out her guitar... I kept wondering when she'd play 'Fidelity.' Well the concert ended and she began an encore, of course. Still I didn't hear my familiar favorite! Well... she finished up that song and the band came back out. Only then did I hear the familiar strains of the bouncy opening to one of my favorites. I felt complete. It was awesome to hear a fun variation on it :)

3 comments:

Mercedes said...

i love you linds! guess who introduced me to the lovely ms. regina? none other than Kendall. i heard she is amazing in concert. lucky you!

C.J. Schneider said...

Lindsay what a great post! I'm so out of touch musically speaking - after this comment I going directly to the you tube link you posted. thanks for that.

2x2momma said...

Ian took me to a Sarah McLachlan concert a few years ago and I was waiting and waiting for her to play 'ice cream'... she did the same tease that Regina Spektor did, finally bringing it out at the very, very end after all the encores ;) What an amazing experience!