Sunday, March 21, 2010

Curling



So recently with the Olympics and all and having had the opportunity to play I've REALLY gotten into curling. I don't get it I always thought of curling more as a "game" than a sport sort of like dodgeball or ultimate frisbee ya know fun games but not really sports. But man i've got the curling bug hard. I think what it is is I just love the strategy and trying to analyze the risk and reward for the different shots that the teams can try. I've also had the opportunity to play a few times with FHE friends with connections and other stuff so it's been a lot of fun. Sadly I can't even come close to successfully mimicking the amazing shots I've seen at the Scottie Tournament of Hearts, the Olympics and the Tim Hortons Brier but I think that I have improved a lot. I think it may be something that I get into more I just really get a kick out of it. PS-if anyone has any questions about why they brush how the curling part of curling works or what a raise back, a hit and curl, a raise back double take out, a peel .... just let me know I would love to share my new found knowledge

4 comments:

Bonnie White said...

Hey Beej after B finished watching several Olympic curling matches he announced that he would like to take up curling. He liked the strategy and it seemed like a way better way to spend time than on a golf course. So guess what B receives from the White House this Father's Day? Curling Lessons at the Winter Club.

Coleen said...

Beej! Who would have guessed that you would take to curling? I'm dying to know what a peel and a hit and curl are - sounds almost culinary....
Bonnie - love the Father's Day gift idea. It's too bad OJ told me yesterday he's already bought his own Father's Day gift- golf clubs :)

2x2momma said...

Tell us all about curling... I know nothing and never found it very interesting but now I'm intrigued.

LiNds said...

yes, do share