Sunday, March 28, 2010

Edmonton River Valley


I've written in the past about how much I loved hiking and exploring near our flat in the UK but one thing I'm glad to come home to is the famous river valley in Edmonton. We had 1.00 church today so thought that we would go for a stroll in the morning before church started. Even in the early spring in Edmonton, when almost everything is still brown, I was amazed by how beautiful the river valley thought about how I missed walking (and rafting) through it after all of these years. With a bit of luck and good fortune though some of those fond rafting memories and enjoyment of the river valley can be resurrected and relived.

2 comments:

Coleen said...

I love the river valley too. In our search for a new house in Edmonton our list of four requirements includes - 'has to be close to the river valley'...

LiNds said...

Yes, I remember reading that Etown has the most per capita green parkland of any Canadian city.