Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Books Books Books

One thing I've started dabbling in this year is handmade books. No reason to get excited yet, I've only made 2 or 3 and very low key small scale types at that, but it has been fun to try something new! I wanted to post about it so that I have incentive to follow up somewhere with future attempts. My love for scrapbooking, cool prints, and journaling is why 'How to Make Books,' caught my eye at the library.

I have always loved the notebook section of any place, particularly Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.

Here are the fruits of my first few dabblings: Picture one is a paper book with fabric slip cover... I wanted to compile my nice notes from my bridal brunch!




The second and third 'books' are paper cover books, the smaller one is done by folding the paper a certain way into 8 sections, one cut, and adjusting the folds to make pages with one sheet of paper and no staples.

I think I will go put some kind of book together now!

1 comment:

Coleen said...

LOVE these!
Makes Anthropologies look like knock-offs.