Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pain heals...

So yesterday I was playing in our multi-stake flag football league and having a lot of fun. Then, just before halftime, that changed. I was playing center and my job was to block the incoming rushers, then go out for a pass and be open in case the quarterback couldn't find anyone else open. He threw it to me and off I ran.

I dodged the 1st defender with a spin move (spinning makes it really hard for the defender to pull your flag), made the second guy miss by cutting back, then came the next defender. I went for the spin move again, but we bumped heads or something and down I went. I put my hand to my eyebrow and it came back with blood on it. That, combined with the pain, led me to think that something went wrong with that spin move.

As it turns out, when we collided, my glasses got pushed up and the top of the frame cut into my face between the eye and the eyebrow. Needless to say, I was done playing. Off I went to the Urgent Care facility (kinda between the doctors office and the ER since it was a Saturday) and they patched me right up. They used medical superglue to close the cut (it wasn't bleeding anymore) and sent me on my way. Though the joke is that we should've had the Elder's Quorum do it since it was just superglue.

I have a picture of what it looked like, but seeing this is a family blog I won't post it. If you're interested, I'll email it to you. Lindsay says it looks like Halloween makeup, except it's real. Be careful when you're out and about, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Coleen said...

So was the hardest part of all this having to leave the game? After all that fancy footwork I'm sure your team really missed you.
When Linds told me about the superglue last night I thought she was talking about repairing your glasses, not your face :)

Eileen Young said...

I'd really like to see the pix - don't know whether I will recognize you - but you sound like you gave 'it' your all. That's what I call a r-e-a-l athlete.
Grannie