Monday, June 18, 2012

Mud Run!

Every year there is a widely attended mud run at Camp Pendleton (a marine corps base located outside of Oceanside).  This was my second year in a row participating and I really love it.  I'm a little disappointed in myself (definitely less prepared than last year), but enjoyed having Melissa and the kids come down with me this time.  We stayed at the Marriott in Oceanside and spent a few hours in the pool after the run.  Actually, I think I got more of a work out in the pool than I did at the run as the kids kept insisting on taking turns swimming laps on my back.  I think everyone had a great time.  We also managed to stop at a beautiful nursery on the way home and pick up a new avocado and lemon tree.  Very productive day!

BEFORE:

  
ONE OF THE MUD PITS:


AFTER


AND ROGERS GARDENS WHERE WE GOT OUR FRUIT TREES


2 comments:

Coleen said...

Way to go!
Did the barefoot shoes work well in the mud?

mrpuente said...

I opted for regular shoes for the trail run. Big mistake. A lot of knee and shin pain and blisters. I'm getting a trail pair for next year.