Saturday, August 4, 2012

North Battleford, SK




Charla and I had a Majeran family reunion last weekend in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. It was only my second Majeran reunion since we were married, due mainly to us not being able to make it to previous ones while in the UK. Many things happened as expected, lots of time around a campfire with good food and plenty of Majeran jokes (something they are notorious for), me playing a round of golf (another Majeran fixture at family reunions) and not doing nearly as well as the Majeran clan at the round of golf - something I paid for dearly by way of joking and friendly razzling later on in the reunion. They are a good and competitive bunch of golfers and the lowest score I heard of was a 77 which is certainly a much better score than I can probably hope for in my lifetime. Overall the reunion was a good trip, the kids had a very enjoyable time and it was really good for both Charla and me to catch up with some of the Majeran clan. But there was one part of the reunion that was totally unexpected. It made me wonder about where we could possibly have our next Young or Schneider family reunion ... to be continued...

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Sounds like a good time. Love family reunions. And now you've got me sooo intrigued!...

Grampa said...

Jord, a cliff hanger. This has never been done on the blog. Glad you had a good time.