Friday, October 16, 2009

C'mon everyone, start flappin' your wings.....



The Chicken Dance is apart of my Saskachewan heritage. Elrose Saskachewan is where I spent my life as a little girl and I remember having a blast at the Elrose community dances. I think playing The Chicken Dance at every community dance was a by-law. This you tube link - (The chicken dance) - is pretty funny..... and informative if you are unacquainted with the complex dance manoeuvring of The Chicken Dance. Oliver and I have practised this dance for about a half an hour this morning....We are totally Lawrence Welk material.

4 comments:

LiNds said...

we used to always do this at the Strynadka family reunions! I can't wait to see you and lil jo at it!

Eileen Young said...

We danced this dance in Willingdon too. That's in Alberta. Great way to mix with family & have great fun
Grannie

Coleen said...

I think we all know what to do at the next Schneider reunion!

Grampa said...

Is this cultural enrichment or cultural contamination?