Thursday, October 29, 2009

HALLOWEEN JUNKIE

The first step to self help is admitting you have a problem. So I'll say it out loud - I'm a Halloween junkie. For years the Schneider kids were forced to wear elaborate Halloween costumes and spend hours decorating and planning the neighborhood Halloween parties. For the past ten years I would somehow make sure I was either helping or in charge of the ward Trunk or Treat party. Rachel still got a Halloween school lunch last year - in a paper sack decorated to look like a Jack-o-lantern. I thought things would improve when all the kids left home. As you can see by the photos, it hasn't.
My friend who stopped by last week - said "This is impressive - no kids and you decorated for Halloween!" (Or did I hear her right - Maybe she said - 'This is DEpressive?)
Hope you all enjoyed your Halloween goodies this year. :)
BTW - This year - Dad and I are dressing up as a doctor and nurse.

See if you can find the dismembered arm - still going strong after about 20 years as a family heirloom:)





6 comments:

LiNds said...

i see it coming out of the green container! (do i get a pickle?)

Nora said...

Hilarious! I have to admit, I enjoy Halloween too. Your decorations are a riot!

Grampa said...

I'm speechless. Totally S C A R Y

woozie said...

Yes!! I'm so glad to see all this, it makes me very happy. And I have to say, I did miss my Halloween sack lunch this year! Maybe I'll make myself a jackolantern grilled cheese sandwhich today... Haha love you Mom!

Snej said...

You said you were into decorating but I had no idea...

Coleen said...

Linds - yes you got it!! And instead of a pickle how about a Halloween sack lunch.